- Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality - http://saramoulton.com -
Ginger Cream Scones
Posted By admin On March 18, 2010 @ 12:34 pm In Breakfast,Recipes | 1 Comment
Makes 1 dozen scones
2 cups unbleached flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup finely diced crystallized ginger
1 1/3 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Milk for glazing
1. Place the oven rack in the top third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly butter a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl thoroughly combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and crystallized ginger.
3. Mix the cream and vanilla together, then pour into the flour mixture. Stir with a large spoon just until the dough is evenly moistened. Lightly flour a work surface and place the dough on it. Knead 1 or 2 times, then pat into a 3/4 inch thick disk. Cut the disk into 12 triangles. Place the scones on the baking sheet and brush the tops lightly with some milk.
4. Bake 15 minutes, or until the scones are lightly golden. Cool until slightly warm or at room temperature before serving.
Article printed from Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality: http://saramoulton.com
URL to article: http://saramoulton.com/2010/03/ginger-cream-scones/
Copyright © 2010 Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality. All rights reserved.