- Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality - http://saramoulton.com -
Craig Smith's Beef Jerky
Posted By admin On March 19, 2010 @ 7:06 am In Miscellaneous,Recipes | No Comments
Courtesy of Craig Smith
Makes 40 to 50 Strips
(Craig says the yield is, “Never Serves Enough”) 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or liquid smoke (optional)
1 pound well-trimmed beef flank steak from thickest end, frozen 1 hour
- Combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper and red pepper flakes or liquid smoke, if using, in a zippered plastic bag.
- Thinly slice flank steak with the grain; cut longer strips in half, if desired. Add meat to the soy sauce marinade. Mix well; seal bag and refrigerate 8 to 14 hours.
- Thoroughly drain meat and discard marinade. Arrange meat strips in an electric dehydrator and dry at 145°F until strips will crack but not break when bent, about 10 hours.
- Cool jerky to room temperature, then serve or pack into a tight container and store in the refrigerator.
Article printed from Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality: http://saramoulton.com
URL to article: http://saramoulton.com/2010/03/craig-smiths-beef-jerky/
Copyright © 2010 Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality. All rights reserved.