- Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality - http://saramoulton.com -
Avocado, Black Bean and Tomato Salad
Posted By admin On March 18, 2010 @ 2:28 pm In First Courses,Recipes | No Comments
Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 large scallions, trimmed and finely chopped (include some green tops)
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 firm-ripe Haas avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
One 15 1/2-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
One 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained well
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
One 10-ounce bag European salad mix (iceberg, romaine, escarole, endive and radicchio)
- Whisk lime juice, olive oil, scallions, and garlic in a large bowl until “creamy.” Add avocado and toss lightly.
- Add beans, tomatoes with green chilies, and salt. Toss lightly again and let stand at room temperature 20 minutes to combine flavors. Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- Add cilantro and parsley, toss again, and let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile bed greens on large deep platter.
- Spoon bean mixture on top of salad mix and serve.
Article printed from Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality: http://saramoulton.com
URL to article: http://saramoulton.com/2010/03/avocado-black-bean-and-tomato-salad/
Copyright © 2010 Sara Moulton | Chef, Cookbook Author, Television Personality. All rights reserved.